From Tapestries MUCK
chess.muf(#2150FLM3) is a program which operates a virtual chessboard. It does not keep track of anything except the board itself, nor does it validate moves.
- Blank -- Takes one parameter (square) and deletes whatever piece is there.
- Clear -- Clears entire board of pieces.
- Display -- Display entire chessboard
- Help -- Give this message
- Move -- Takes two parameters (squares). Moves one to the other, erasing the contents of the target. Empty squares may be moved.
- Place -- Takes two parameters (1 piece, 1 square) and places the piece on the square.
- Reset -- Reset board to standard chess starting position
- Swap -- Takes two parameters (squares) and swaps the contents.
Squares are of format a1, b8, etc.... Pieces are P, N, B, R, Q, K, or lowercase for the black player's pieces.
Special moves such as castling or pawn promotion must be done by hand (i.e. moving both pieces).
Setup is simply creating an action with the names of the commands:
This chessboard was written entirely by Jiro. (From the help.)