From Tapestries MUCK
All objects are one of these types:
- Player - This is a character on the Muck. It is a special object that can interact with it's environment when a player logs into it.
- Room - Rooms are generic 'areas' that contain players and other objects. While called a 'room' they are also used to represent outdoor areas as well. For chat purposes they may be considered equivalent to a IRC channel as well.
- Thing - Things are generic objects that can only contain other things. They are commonly used as props, buttons, signs, and the like. They are mostly a holdover to puzzle-oriented TinyMUDs.
- Exit - Exits make connections between rooms, and actions that do other things.
- Program - In a TinyMUCK program objects contain MUF code, and can only be created and edited by people with the Mucker flag. If they are LINK_OK they can be linked to and used by other people.