PPU2014 Policy Mission Statement
From Tapestries MUCK
Tapestries MUCK is a cross between a real life BDSM play party, a free form roleplaying environment, and a social gathering place all within a Furry theme. It strives to provide a place for safe and free exploration of dominance and submission roleplay, as well as other forms of sexual expression in public and in private. Tapestries facilitates this by providing an environment that is populated exclusively by adult players and furry characters, as well as by setting guidelines that encourage tolerance and respect of other's fantasies and beliefs.
In more detail:
- BDSM - Bondage, Dominance/Discipline, Sadism, Masochism. This is a general breakdown of the acronym, and in this case it is meant to explain that Tapestries MUCK is a place for people who are generally interested in ways to have sex that are outside the mainstream.
- Play Party - A BDSM Play Party is a place where people are free to publicly explore and express these alternate forms of sexuality, free of worry of judgment from people who are not interested in their kinks.
- Social Gathering - To find new people, interests, and generally to have fun, it is important to have social gatherings alongside the play.
- Adults - The Muck requires that you be 18 years of age or older to create a character. This is important to free people from legal and moral concerns in an environment that caters to sexuality.
- Tolerance - Tolerance of other people's play, fantasies, beliefs, sexuality and other such things is absolutely critical for people to be comfortable sharing the very personal things that they do on Tapestries. Thus a certain level of tolerance and respect that goes beyond mainstream society is required of people that play here. See Policy Public Conduct, Policy Harassment, and Policy Roleplaying and TinySex.
- Furry - This MUCK is for members of the furry fandom to explore their sexuality and is especially aimed at interests in the type of fantasy creatures that they enjoy. As such people are both required to play nonhuman characters, and be respectful of the species others wish to play. See Policy Humans.
- Roleplay - Roleplaying on Tapestries is loosely defined as acting out the behaviors of a character within the context of the theme of the MUCK based on that character's background and personality. Some people choose to play something very close to who they are in real life, while others play characters that differ quite strongly from who they are as a person. While some areas of the MUCK have more or less stringent policies regarding adherence to zone theme, tolerance of both playstyles is required.
See Policy Theme for information about the IC theme of the world.